Email Alias Support
About Email Alias
Visit the Email Alias page for more information about this service.
To create a custom email alias, log into the Online Toolkit and click Email Alias.
- Messages addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org will be delivered to your assigned mail account and messages sent from your assigned mail address through will have your Email Alias substituted in the From: field of the message.
- Once you have selected an Email Alias, it cannot be modified. You are allowed one opportunity every 6 months to select a replacement Email Alias. If you select a replacement Email Alias your old Email Alias will be disabled. Mail sent to the old Email Alias will be forwarded to your assigned mail account for 90 days.
- An Email Alias can be from 6 to 20 characters long. It must:
- Start with an alphabetic character.
- End with an alphabetic character.
- Contain only letters and optionally: underscores (_) and periods (.).
- Must be lowercase (will be lowered automatically for all new aliases).
- Do not include "@txstate.edu" in the alias.
See the below help articles for step-by-step instructions on how to use Email Alias.
Need help? Contact us.